Saturday, June 8, 2013

Makeup Must-Haves!


Happy Saturday Dolls!! Hope you all are enjoying your weekend. Today I wanted to do a post on the makeup products that I truly cannot live without! I am always getting asked questions regarding makeup, such as what is my favorite foundation or what is the best brand of mascara, so today I will be listing my absolute favorite makeup products that I use on a day-to-day basis.

Let's start off with the face! As any beauty guru knows, primer is everything! Ladies, if you want your foundation to last all-day than a face primer is a definite must! My favorite face primer has to be 'The POREfessional' by Benefit Cosmetics! This professional balm really does help your makeup stay put all-day long! The silky, lightweight formula also helps to minimize the appearance of pores, fine lines, and wrinkles. I have tried over a dozen of face primers over the past couple years and 'The POREfessional' by Benefit is definitely my go-to primer! 


On to foundation! I can honestly say that I have probably tried almost every foundation out there and there are only 4 foundations that I really really love. However, my number one foundation would have to be Make Up Forever's HD High Definition Foundation. This liquid foundation not only gives you great coverage, but it also leaves your skin with a flawless finish that can withstand harsh or bright lighting. So ladies, this foundation is a must-have for those camera-filled nights! MUFE's HD High Definition Foundation retails for about $42.00 a bottle, but is definitely worth the price tag.



Below are my other 3 favorite foundations! For a cheap, drugstore alternative, definitely go with Revlon's ColorStay Foundation. This foundation provides a build-able coverage for a comfortable, all-day wear. Overall, it is a great foundation for everyday and only retails for about $10.00 a bottle!




Now on to highlighters! My absolute favorite highlighter would have to be MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in 'Soft and Gentle'. This highlighter provides you with high-frost metallic finish, which will give you a fresh, dewey, sun-kiseed look. It is perfect for achieving that shimmery, summer glow all year long! This powder can be used for highlighting your cheek bones, bridge of your nose, cupid's bow, etc. 


MASCARA, MASCARA, MASCARA! Most people believe that you need to buy an expensive mascara to get long, thick, luxurious lashes. This is 100% incorrect!! I actually prefer most drugstore mascaras over the high-end brands that you see in your local department stores. Therefore, without further ado, I will introduce to you my all-time favorite mascara - L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black! This mascara not only lengthens your lashes, but it also volumizes and darkens your lashes to give you a dramatic, glamorous look! The price is beyond affordable at only $8 bucks a tube!



Last on the list for my makeup must-haves has to be the one-and-only NARS Blush/Bronzer Duo in the color Orgasm/Laguna. If your a makeup lover like me than you definitely know about this perfect duo! These complementary pairings allow you to achieve a beautiful glow any time of the year. NARS Orgasm Blush has been a must-have in many makeup artists' kits for several years now and is my absolute favorite blush to wear every single day. The Laguna Bronzer that comes in the duo is excellent for contouring your face or just creating the look of healthy, glowing, tanned skin.



I hope you all enjoyed this post and if you have any questions please leave them in the comment section below! :)

XO -A

1 comment: